We're looking for someone who has software development running through their veins. You are passionate about Java and Web technology, you love challenging assignments and are able to translate customer requirements into smooth running, nice looking, well designed solutions. Problem solving is your second nature, you do this in a methodical and precise way. You are a team player, willing to share and learn, but also capable of individually bringing a project to a good end.
You hold a master degree in informatics/engineering, or a bachelors degree with relevant skills and experience for at least 2 years. You keep track of latest trends and developments in software engineering. You speak fluent Dutch and/or English.
You master the following technical skills:
- Object orientation
- Java of a relevant other OO language like C# (.NET)
- Database knowledge: SQL, database design
- Software practices such as Unit testing, Design patterns, modelling techniques (UML)
Following skills are a plus:
- Feeling for modern graphical design and usability (mobile, apps, web)
- Java tools and technologies such as Spring (boot), Maven, Eclipse, GWT, Hibernate, Web services, XML
- Web tools and technologies such as jquery, angularjs, bootstrap
- Development and operations tools and technologies such as GIT, command line tools, ansible, vagrant and docker
- GIS knowledge
- Agile programming skills (Scrum, pair programming)
- Contributing actively to an open source community
What you will do
You will be assigned to a variety of software development activities, which include functional/technical analysis, architectural design, implementation, and testing of advanced web GIS solutions and high quality business applications.
Most of the time you will operate in a scrum team. Occasionally you will meet with our clients to discuss business requirements and intermediate deliverables.
What we offer
- Challenging projects
- Working in a dynamic and enthusiastic team, focused on delivering quality solutions in an informal environment
- A place where you can spot and grab opportunities, take ownership, and unfold your talent
- Continuous improvement of technical skills through trainings, collaboration with experienced colleagues and the freedom to study and apply new technology
- Close interaction with open source project communities and the possibility to contribute to them
- Competitive salary package
Do not hesitate to send your CV and motivation letter to Dirk Frigne: email@example.com